This position is responsible for providing support to and being a creative member of the Advancement Team. Primary responsibilities include accurate database entry and reports, fundraising event support and facilitation, procurement assistance for annual auctions, writing donor acknowledgement letters as well as providing administrative support as requested.
ACCESS is an energetic, diverse, and compassionate team that creates positive change in the community every day. If you are
dedicated, hardworking and have a passion for helping others, ACCESS is the place for you!
Position Duties & Responsibilities
• Accurate and timely input of all cash, stock & in-kind donations into donor database. Receive contributions from donors in person/walk-ins or by phone call for processing and acknowledgment.
• Ensure that in-kind donations are valued properly, and that both cash and in-kind donations are coded and recorded as outlined by the Advancement and Finance Departments policies.
• Generate tax/gift receipts and acknowledgement letters for donors, with customization, as needed.
• Prepare reports for Advancement Director, staff, and the Finance Department in support of the Advancement Department.
• Participate in the coordination and support for ACCESS-sponsored events and community events including planning, implementation, record-keeping, taking meeting minutes and distribution of meeting notices.
• Generate follow-up solicitation for procurement of auction/drawing prize items. Participate in the review and evaluation of event effectiveness with various volunteer committees to maximize revenue for ACCESS.
• Assist in coordination of monthly donor program through tracking of gifts and special donor acknowledgements.
• Provide general office functions including but not limited to: maintaining filing systems, maintaining department supplies, preparing check voucher requests and in addition to other department support as needed.
Belief in ACCESS’ mission to provide food, warmth, and shelter
• An associate degree or two years of administrative experience.
• Excellent data entry and proficient computer skills, including thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office including mail merge, Excel (intermediate level at minimum), Outlook, etc.
• Demonstrated excellent organizational, writing, and accurate record-keeping skills.
• Self-motivated and proven ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with a team.
• Willingness to work to develop skills with a positive, can-do attitude.
• Ability to research, develop and resolve issues in an effective independent manner.
• Ability to work and communicate professionally and effectively with staff, donors, and the general public consisting of diverse populations.
• Ability to maintain sustained concentration with attention to detail.
• A valid Oregon driver’s license with a record that is acceptable under ACCESS’ insurance policies.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Statement
ACCESS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ACCESS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.