The Operations Manager has responsibility for a variety of areas including managing the Operations department team, data analytics, purchasing, information technology and participant experience. This position works under the general supervision of the Chief Financial Officer. The Operations Manager works closely with the Finance Department and plays an integral role in the overall operations of the organization.
ACCESS is an energetic, diverse, and compassionate team that creates positive change in the community every day. If you are dedicated, hardworking, and have a passion for helping others, ACCESS is the place for you!
Position Duties & Responsibilities
• Directly supervise employees and carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; recognizing and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Responsible for drafting, reviewing, and negotiating contracts, MOU’s and leases for the organization.
• Develops, maintains, and implements policies and procedures for all areas of responsibility including agency processes, IT, purchasing, procurement, and inventory.
• Manages purchase cards and gas cards for the agencies in accordance with policies and procedures.
• Facilitates all business renewals, permits and licensing ensuring that ACCESS is always compliant.
• Updates and maintains all allocations including but not limited to square footage, postage, telephone, and computer.
• Acts as the systems administrator for the agency ensuring system authorizations are appropriate and the security of the organization.
• Develops and implements agency-wide processes including mail systems and asset reservations.
• Responsible for Information Technology services including computer systems, phone systems, and copy machines. Responsible for Purchasing, Procurement, and Inventory. Ensures that proper systems are in place to safeguard assets for the agency and that payments are made accurately and on time.
• Responsible for final approvals on all purchasing and procurement.
• Belief in ACCESS’ mission to provide food, warmth, and shelter.
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration or similar field; the equivalent of work experience in business management experience may be substituted for the educational requirements.
• 3 plus years of supervisory experience in a similarly complex environment.
• Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously in a high-pressure and time-sensitive environment.
• Excellent computer skills and proficiency in software programs including but not limited to Microsoft Office
• products and web-based applications.
• Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with co-workers and sustain interdepartmental confidentiality.
• This position is required to have a work issued cell phone (in lieu of a cell phone other similar options are available per the agency Cell Phone Election Form).
• Valid Oregon driver’s license with record that is acceptable under ACCESS’ insurance policies.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Statement
ACCESS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ACCESS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.