The position is responsible for daily warehouse functions of accepting, storing, picking up and delivering product in ACCESS insured company vehicle.
ACCESS is an energetic, diverse, and compassionate team that creates positive change in the community every day. If you are dedicated, hardworking and have a passion for helping others, ACCESS is the place for you!
Position Duties & Responsibilities
- Count and track all incoming inventory within the warehouse, ensuring that accurate information is documented.
- Assemble and stage food orders.
- Assist pantries and agencies in loading, delivering, and unloading of orders, utilizing the pallet jack and forklift as necessary.
- Assist with picking up of donated and purchased products, promoting and maintaining friendly and courteous relationships with donors, vendors, and the general public.
- Observe Oregon Food Bank and Health Department Regulations on Food Safety and general warehouse practices.
- File paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintain warehouse cleanliness.
- Set up and break down for food repack groups.
- Receive walk up donations.
- Act as a backup for Fresh Alliance drivers.
- Assist with food programs as necessary
- Belief in ACCESS’ mission to help people help themselves.
- A minimum of 6 months customer service experience.
- Forklift and electric pallet jack experience or ability to obtain certification within 2 months.
- Ability to obtain ServSafe food safety certification within 1 month from date of hire.
- Ability to lift 35 pounds consistently.
- Basic math and writing skills.
- Good communication skills and teamwork demonstration.
- Must be able to multitask in a variety of areas with demonstrated attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with customers and co-workers, sustain client and intradepartmental confidentiality.
- Valid Oregon driver’s license with record that is acceptable under ACCESS’ insurance policies.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Statement
ACCESS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ACCESS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.