Community Needs Assessment
2022 Community Needs Assessment
In the spring of 2022, ACCESS contracted with Southern Oregon Research Center (SOURCE) to complete a thorough qualitative and quantitative study of local communities. Their research, which included surveys, focus groups, and data analysis, resulted in a 145-page report.
- High-cost housing market is a critical issue
- Finding employment is a concern and entry-level wages do not support housing costs
- Support is needed for utility payments, rent, and move in costs
- Elevated gas prices limit travel, decreasing access to healthcare and affordable food
- In-person, individualized case management is needed
- Cultural understanding of the Latino community is needed
- Rural areas struggle with internet and cell phone services
- Public transportation in rural areas is also a concern
- Childcare and language translation for those seeking employment is lacking
Read the full assessment here.